Re: CVS: translate/mandrake xmms.po

Salam Ahmad,

Thanks for the commit ! I have added you to the list of contributors:

http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Mandrake

cool...

Here are a few comments:

The modifications you did to the file are here:
http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/mandrake/xmms.po.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.4
The modifications I did post your translation are here:
http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/mandrake/xmms.po.diff?r1=1.7&r2=1.4

(I recommend you read _thouroughly_ the Translator Guide, since most of the
things I'll say are there...)

i did read it before, maybe i'll sift through it quickly again... will also check your PO version later, when i attempt to translate the drakfax.po file...

1/ Did you use KBabel to translate ? In any case, make sure you put the
correct info there (name, email, language list etc). Make sure you write the
last translator name in the header if his/her names is not there already.
(general advice, don't use linux as a root user ;-)

yes, KBabel... i forgot to edit the header....

2/ Keep the original punctuation (see that CDDB msgid).

i assume i forgot a period or something right..?

3/ These have not been decided by the QAC yet, bu meanwhile I prefer (at least
in Mandrake) that you use the Shadda when needed and put foreign names in
Latin chars between brackets, beside the transliterated names.

i tried to a few times...

4/ _Try_ to translate _everything_. For example, you have to translate the
copyright notice too and not simply copy it as is. If there are strings you
can't or don't want to translate, simply leave them untranslated (btw, I
don't understand what you mean by 'i didnt do them all ofcourse' in the CVS
log... The file is 100% 'translated' :-).

i meant i didnt translate all the 1093 strings...

So, your next mission, if you accept it, is translate/mandrake/drakfax.po :-)
Is it OK ?

ok..

PS: It's seems that the tool you used to translate (again, was it KBabel ?)
has uncommented a bunch of obsolete strings.. (those that are preceded with
'~'). I don't know why. They will be anyway made obsolete again with the
future sync, but I'd like to understand ;)

it is KBabel, is there a setting i need to change..?

ak.