Re: Debian Installer translations

--- Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian dot org> wrote:
> Quoting Nadim Shaikli (shaikli at yahoo dot com):
>
> > BTW: we really need to see a screenshot of d-i with some strings with
> >      harakat in them to rest this issue once-in-for-all.
>
> http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/screenshots/countrychooser_ar.png
>
> (country names are not translated because iso_3166 is currently not
> translated....I think making this high priority is a good idea)

I don't think there is shaping in the code you are using (looks like there
is Bidi since the arabic is RTL though).  In any regard that needs to be
fixed (and it was fixed in the past BTW) and the screenshot doesn't seem
to have any harakat in it to verify their rendering so they are either not
in the .PO file you are using or the renderer is simply filtering them out
(which needs not be the case).