Re: More on KDE's Status

On Yau al-Thulatha 16 Thu al-Qi`dah 1425 1:16 pm, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> Salam,
>
> As we speak right now, our KDE CVS module is being merged with that of
> KDE's main CVS repository (might be doing by the time I am done with
> this email).

Thanks a lot.

> Our repository has already been updated to KDE_3_3_BRANCH (on KDE's
> CVS).

I am not sure if I understand this but I think you mean you haven't yet
sync'ed the translation to KDE since I can't see it there yet.

But you mean you just updated the messed translation (due to the wrong commit
and really no pun intended) with what on KDE_3_3_Branch? Shouldn't the wrong
sync against 3_2_Branch being reverted back first so that arabeyes repository
KDE3_3_Branch?

According to the satus bar with its 95% there are more than 3000 strings lost!
At least I believe this since you metioned there was a freeze and we reached
99% before.

> Some major changes are this:
>
> 1. Arabeyes' KDE CVS will always follow KDE's tags and branches
>
> This will make it a _lot_ easier to track disappearing files, since
> files are often moved around between branches -- which is why we
> sometimes have a hard time with things.

Good!

> 2. Access to Arabeyes' KDE CVS module will not be open to anyone with a
> CVS account. You will have to get approval from the maintainer first.

Ok I want an approval to correct some mistakes I noticed, can I?

> 3. I will no longer accept proxied commits to the CVS, unless there is a
> formal agreement between Arabeyes (done through Core) with a different
> entity.

Interesting! Didn't we reach that agreement before and you asked us do it like
this? So from now on I can't commit and say on behalf of such and such from
my team? Only arabeyes is allowed proxied commits to KDE main but we are not?

> This is being said in my capacity as the KDE Coordinator. It has
> obviously been more trouble than it's worth.

No single trouble is launched by our team or our translation. The first wave
of problems were caused by a deficiency on the script and the second wave by
you making a wrong sync. I wonder how the rules you put will contribute to
streamline the process.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA