Re: KDE arabic translation is about to be 100% but

ביום חמישי, 23 בדצמבר 2004, 19:00, נכתב על ידי Mohammed Elzubeir:
> On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 18:26 +0200, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > Hi Munzir,
> >
> > Will all the respect I have for arabeyes, maybe this project should be
> > handeled using KDE's CVS and not arabeyes. You are aiming at a shooting
> > target, it will save you time, just usnig the KDE's CVS.
>
> That would have been fine if we had a less dynamic team formation. The
> problem is that KDE Arabic translators have an incredible high turn-over
> rate. The idea is to move this stress of creating/removing CVS accounts
> from KDE over to Arabeyes.
Been there, done that, nothing new under the blue cloudy sky.

> That is a problem that perhaps KDE should address. Strings that change
> so frequently are just a huge headache and should not be the case.
Sure, why not, teach the whole world English, or even better: make an English
test for people who want to have write access to GUI parts of the CVS.

The kde-i18n-en_BR team is working on this, nothing is perfect. But, it'a hard
to argue with you, since you are right.

> > KDE needs much more then I18N, it needs also a lot of I10N, and GUI
> > fixes. I
> I think you mean the other way around (needs more i18n than l10n) ;)
I did not say "more". I sayed "alot", for example look at "kopete" messages.
This is one of the worst places in KDE. KHTML sux big time, we need much more
eyes looking at KHTML rendering real world HTML, and reporting them.
(remember the google bug?)

> > think it's more productive to waste the time you spend in merging
> > versions and commiting to 2 CVSs, in using KDE, and hunting for RTL/BIDI
> > bugs.
>
> You may be right. The time spent performing those sync's is probably
> more than it should be. Any other suggestions are welcome.
>
> > But again, what do I know ... :)
>
> Well, it's certainly helpful to hear from other KDE translation
> coordinators. What do you do for Hebrew?
I have one man (who lives in the US) which sends me once or twise a year the
kde-toys pos. He is keeping that module at almost 100% for 3.1 and above, so
I dont mind.

I also commit for one or two other persons as well, since it tends to be a
very small amount of files.

We have a policy of having "coaches" for the first commits, and then we ask
the people that if they want to contribute, they should ask for a proper CVS
account. They know how much work it is for their choaches.
(we did this, to review their work, you know, people dont really how to
translate)

My moto is:
"abuse KDE systems as much as possible, as I need them"

:-)

> Regards

BTW:
did you get my email about kicker?