Re: KDE arabic translation is about to be 100% but

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 18:26 +0200, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> Hi Munzir,
>
> Will all the respect I have for arabeyes, maybe this project should be
> handeled using KDE's CVS and not arabeyes. You are aiming at a shooting
> target, it will save you time, just usnig the KDE's CVS.

That would have been fine if we had a less dynamic team formation. The
problem is that KDE Arabic translators have an incredible high turn-over
rate. The idea is to move this stress of creating/removing CVS accounts
from KDE over to Arabeyes.

> With OpenOffice and GNome, you did not have such problems, since those project
> have "stable" strings. KDE does not, it changes too much (as you already
> know) between versions, and sometimes (rarely) minor.

That is a problem that perhaps KDE should address. Strings that change
so frequently are just a huge headache and should not be the case.

> KDE needs much more then I18N, it needs also a lot of I10N, and GUI fixes. I

I think you mean the other way around (needs more i18n than l10n) ;)

> think it's more productive to waste the time you spend in merging versions
> and commiting to 2 CVSs, in using KDE, and hunting for RTL/BIDI bugs.

You may be right. The time spent performing those sync's is probably
more than it should be. Any other suggestions are welcome.

> But again, what do I know ... :)

Well, it's certainly helpful to hear from other KDE translation
coordinators. What do you do for Hebrew?

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|