Re: Beta Arabic Firefox 1.0 langpack

--- Ayman Hourieh <aymanh at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I've created a .xpi Arabic package for Firefox 1.0 and uploaded it to
> my web space [1], I'll continue my work to make Arabic an official
> language, until then, let's try to make sure that the localization is
> well done, please report back if you spot anything wrong :)

Very cool - comments below.

> I've also taken some screenshots, and posted installation instructions
> on my blog [2].
>
> [1] http://www.aymanh.com/download/firefox-1.0-ar-JO-langpack-0.1-beta.xpi
> [2]
http://www.aymanh.com/archives/2004/12/16/beta-release-for-arabic-firefox-10

There seem to be some display issues in what I saw with regard to the
placement of the underscore short-cut indicator.  Case in point is the
following image,

  http://www.aymanh.com/images/firefox10ar-win-02.jpg

note the 'Fati7 Malaf' (third down in pull-down menu) and where the
underscore short-cut is displayed (looks like that underscore is not
taking the Bidi/direction into account).  There are multiple such
errors on that page and others.  If this is a rendering engine bug
within Gecko/firefox, does Mozilla know about it - ie. has this bug
been reported to them ?

In passing, are URLs supposed to be shown right-justified ?  They seem
kinda odd looking to me and if/when Arabic is allowed in URLs it will
look REALLY confusing especially if Bidi is applied to it.  Sorry for
my ignorance on this topic, but thought I'd ask.  Again, maybe a question
for Mozilla proper.