Re: Beta Arabic Firefox 1.0 langpack

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:40:50 -0800 (PST), Nadim Shaikli
<shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> note the 'Fati7 Malaf' (third down in pull-down menu) and where the
> underscore short-cut is displayed (looks like that underscore is not
> taking the Bidi/direction into account).  There are multiple such
> errors on that page and others.  If this is a rendering engine bug
> within Gecko/firefox, does Mozilla know about it - ie. has this bug
> been reported to them ?

I think it is a bug in Gecko, I'll search bugzilla, if it hasn't been
reported before, I'll submit a report.

> In passing, are URLs supposed to be shown right-justified ?  They seem
> kinda odd looking to me and if/when Arabic is allowed in URLs it will
> look REALLY confusing especially if Bidi is applied to it.  Sorry for
> my ignorance on this topic, but thought I'd ask.  Again, maybe a question
> for Mozilla proper.

Excellent idea, I wonder why I haven't thought of it although that I
found the RTL location bar annoying, it's fixed on my machine, I'll
commit it in the next batch of CVS commits.

-Ayman