Re: corrections to Firefox pos

Salam,

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 01:12:03 +0100, Arafat Medini <arafato at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Salam,
>
> [...]
>
> For link there were two versions! wasla and rabit so I chose the one I
> found the most and the one I was using myself. But both were present
> in your files!

I think Abdulaziz translated it as wasla, I like wasla more anyway,
all files should have wasla by now.

> bookmark, only writing 3alama would confuse the user in my opinion so
> 3alamat mawki3 makes him say "Aha! it is a 3alama for my chosen
> mawki3"

I agree on 3alamat mawki3, a lot easier to understand.

> close, ighlak for wazn if3al normally wazn if3al is used for af3al ruba3iyya.
> So IMHO (correct me if I'm wrong) the usage of this wazn is totally flase here.

To close is aghlaka, ruba3i, that's why I used ighlak.

> ok na2r or dhaght I prefer na2r it's snappier but it's your work so
> excuse me for changing it if this didn't suit you.

Still don't know about this one.

> Save AS because you can save an html file as a txt file or an rtf or
> utf-8 file without any extension same thing with css files, so you
> have to put "ka" to inform the user that he can save the file as a
> special file...
> That's why in english it is #as#...

100% agree :)

> Checked style in some dics and it is uslub, I was thinking I remember
> that word being different but what was it? so I checked for eg. this
> dic:
>
> http://www.ectaco.com/online/diction.php3?refid=532&lang=3
>
> Please take a look.

Again, I agree.

> As long as you have a masdar you need a hamza. Grammar lesson from my
> childhood ;)
> Please also check if not convinced but I don't have any website in my hands :/

I've checked grammar book from school, fawk ruba3i verbs don't have
hamza in masdar.

> idhafat 3alama is a little bit long, Arabic is a short language but as
> you like, both are ok.

Ta3leem can be confusing, I think idafat 3alama is clearer.

> miftahiyya is very awkward, alkalima almiftah is better arabic IMHO.

OK, maybe I'm used to miftahiyya as it is common here or something.

Thanks again for your help :)

-Ayman