Re: Translation projects' status ?

Salam,

From: Munzir Taha
Subject: Re: Translation projects' status ?
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:48:45 +0300

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 10:12, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> I was recently looking at Munzir's MAPS file (thinking how to better
> organize it - btw do please add a version number to the doc) and came
> across a number of 'status' pages along with various other links as they
> relate to translation issues.

Nadim, I have a version number and some other info at the beginning of the doc
but it seems Mr. Yousef's dog has eaten it. Please, all of you feed your dogs
something better before you leave them behind ;) Seriously it's not my fault.

Munzir, please be sure that your local copy has the good version number before you commit it. I just looked at the CVS version of MAPS and the problem comes from it (it is also somehow obsolete). The script simply runs jade on the sgml files. It outputs whatever you made your sgml file to output ;-) For example, if you look at the Developer Guide or the Translator Guide, you can see that they DO display the version number correctly (they are built by the same script that builds MAPS).

In short:

1/ Compare your sgml with the ones that are on CVS, in term of the syntax used.
2/ Be SURE that you have the correct output BEFORE you commit it (ie. don't wait the script to do it for you and then find that it is totally messed up, look into the script which is on CVS to be sure about the command to run: http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/scripts/www/docs-sync/docs-sync.py).

Have fun ;)

Youcef.

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/