Re: Complete Report: Terminology, Wordlist...

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 01:44, cronos wrote:
>  السَّلام عليكم،
>
> كتتمة للنقاش، أتمنى أن يتم اقتراح لائحة ترجمات يتم استخدامها من قبل الجميع
> حتى تظهر كافة الترجمات على أنها متناسقة. كنت قد اقترحت مسردي كأداة مساعدة،
> لكنني أرى أنه يثير حساسيات خاصة. مسردي يتضمن بعض (ألح قائلا: بعض) المصطلحات
> التي أخذتها من مسرد MicroSoft
>  مثلما أخذت معظم المصطلحات في أثناء عملي على ترجمة ما تيسر من مشروع تعريب
> دليل استخدام PHP
>  وكوني أخذت مصطلحات، هي إرث لغوي، لا أرى حتى الآن ما العيب فيها وما الذي
> يجعل المسألة تدخل في مضمار الملكية الفكرية. حتى الآن، لا أعرف هل هناك
> مصطلحات خاصة بـ ـ MicroSoft
>   وأخرى خاصة بـ
>  Apple
>   وأخرى مملوكة لمجلة وموقع فلان وأخرى لمجلة وموقع فلانة.
>  ذلك منطق لا أفهمه. كما أنه لو تم الإطلاع على مسرد
>  MicroSoft
>  لكان ظهر جليا  أن مسردها يتضمن عبارات طويلة هي نصوص رسائل البرامج مثل تلك
> التي نصادفها عند ترجمة رسائل البرامج الخاصة بواجهات المستخدم الرسومية KDE +
> GNOME
>  وكوني أشرت إلى أن
>  MicroSoft
>  تستخدم في مسردها لائحة وقائمة معا كترجمتين لـ
>  list + menu
>  فلا أرى لماذا لا أدرجها في مسردي كاحتمالات ترجمية مثلما سأدرج مقترحات
> ترجمية أخرى إن وجدت. ألح على هذه المسألة "الفلسفية" الكبرى: هل فلسفة المصدر
> المفتوح بمثل هذا التعقيد حقا؟
>
>  أجد نفسي أتناقش في مسائل، على أهميتها، هامشية مقارنة بالمسألة الأهم وهي:
> كيف نجعل مختلف الترجمات متناسقة؟ لأن ما يحدث حتى الحين بعيد عن التناسق
> والأمثلة التي أعطيتها ليست بالقليلة حتما.
>
>  مع تحياتي وفائق تشكراتي لتفهمكم

Mr. Hafiz,
Asslaamu Alaikum,
yesterday I though where is hafiz! Now, it's good you are here again.
I don't want to delve deeply or even partially in discussing these IP
(intellectual properties) issues. It's true that sometimes it gets
complicated - not from open-source side but the other side. The side which
can prevent you to use part of a generic word. You can't name something after
the _window_ of your own home. I, personally, have seven _windows_ in my
house. If I use just half of the word windows (dows) then I have to stand
face to face in court justifying why I have used four letter that the other
side think he owns. You know about the case of lindows, i think, right?

What I want to say is: I ask you, actually I beg you to take care of a nice
baby calling you, crying for your delicate hands. This baby is screaming and
yelling to find someone who care about him. He is smart, good-looking,
promising, and has good future Inshallah. He is called.... KDE.

I want to see a battle, a good battle between you and Mr. Arafat. The latter
did a great job with GNOME and this is why he sometimes speaks proudly,
because he has done something. I trust you can also do it and then you will
have a word on the list and everywhere else. This is  not to say we don't
care about your words now. I care about any single letter you say but just
forget about all these issues now and standardize KDE in any way you think it
is good. Begin with koffice and then go on. Define your rules of the game,
use your wordlist and don't use any word from Microsoft. If MS translated
file to MALAF then translate it to MALAF_WHICH_IS_NOT_MS and ommit the part
after the underscore, easy?

I hope you understand me. I will send you some word in private, anyway.

--

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA