Re: TODO draft for round-2 "Wordlist"

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
[...]
> My final remark on this topic is if the word is used and is understood by
> a number of people - it ought to be there (irrespective of what's in the
> online dictionaries -- do also keep in mind that there are different kinds
> of dictionaries (general, financial, medical, etc)).  In my collection of
> these words, I tried to use the largest number of open source wordlists
> that I could find and that ran the gamit in terms of subjects (medical,
> financial, socio-econmic, educational, etc).  The fact that these words
> are used, tells me its OK for us to include them (we are NOT making them
> up after all :-)

This is my point too. The idea isn't that we're creating _another_ dictionary
for people to use. It's something that could help _any_ one find a helpful
translation and benefit from.

> > Door closed?
>
> You guys are leading this - so whatever you gents decide is good enough
> for me; I'm just putting forth my humble opinion.
>
> I'm done with this topic :-)

Well, I could be the least English knowledgeable (a valid English word from
onelook.com :)), and I'm only a high school graduate, and didn't have the
chance to continue my studies at the university (Alhamdo'Lillah), but still
I believe this project should be as broad as possible.

I'm done too :)

regards,
Ossama Khayat
http://www.linuxmail.org/