Re: Committing a previously edited file

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> Goodness :-)  OK, do the following -- let's assume you have a problem with
> full_wordlist_U.po (I think it was that one you complained about), do the
> following --
>
>  $ mv full_wordlist_U.po my_words.po
>  $ cvs co full_wordlist_U.po
>  $ diff full_wordlist_U.po my_words.po   # to see the difference
>                                          # do a 'man diff' for info
>  $ vim my_words.po                       # to add/delete into/from my_words
>  $ mv my_words.po full_wordlist_U.po
>  $ cvs commit

Thanks to you all. I've viewed all the replies, but still I don't think it's easy
to add/delete into/from the files because there are more than 100 translated and
50+ more fuzzy/not valid words that I have, so I won't waste my time again.

Since only the header is changed, I guess I'll just move my file aside, cvs co
the updated file and over write it with my file and commit it again :)

> You might also want to look into 'tkdiff' (http://www.accurev.com/free/tkdiff)
> as it will show you the difference graphically.
>
> Hope that helped.
>
>  - Nadim

Thanks for your help :)

Ossama