Re: Committing a previously edited file

--- Ossama Khayat <ossama at linuxmail dot org> wrote:
> Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> > Rename your file (ie. set it aside), then cvs checkout the new file
> > and diff 'em.  I'm sure you can do other more exotic things, but that
> > ought to work.
>
> Sorry Nadim, but I don't know how to use diff or cvs with diff :)
> That's why I asked in the first place...
> So, could you please train the trainer :)

Goodness :-)  OK, do the following -- let's assume you have a problem with
full_wordlist_U.po (I think it was that one you complained about), do the
following --

 $ mv full_wordlist_U.po my_words.po
 $ cvs co full_wordlist_U.po
 $ diff full_wordlist_U.po my_words.po   # to see the difference
                                         # do a 'man diff' for info
 $ vim my_words.po                       # to add/delete into/from my_words
 $ mv my_words.po full_wordlist_U.po
 $ cvs commit

You might also want to look into 'tkdiff' (http://www.accurev.com/free/tkdiff)
as it will show you the difference graphically.

Hope that helped.