Re: PluralForm for arabic

Hi Mohammed,

Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 10:25:21AM +0100, amaoui at altern dot org wrote:

So what does mean NoPlural? with arabic there isn't a plural
form?

Hrmm. I just realized that OnTwoRest did not exist when we first started ;)

Please accept my apologies for my stupidity ;) The last few emails
I wrote were probably best not written..

You are absolutely right. OneTwoRest IS what should be for
Arabic. My main concern is that for global issues like these, often
translators go ahead and make changes without waiting for a final
approval -- causing much undesirable confusion.

Actually, if you see kdelibs and the other files, I didn't make any changes. I found a script
(check_po_files) in the kde-i18n directory of kde cvs that checks if po files are corrects,
specially for the number of translations for messages that begin with '_n:'. Theres was no
mention to arabic, so I searched for what this mean and found this PluralForm thing.

Now to the project.
I think the role of the cordinator is to be an interface with the KDE project (or any other project),
but the decisions must be agreed upon on this list. If there's some issues, they must be risen here.
This is how I think open source project work. If this not the case for arabeyes, please tell me,
as I don't want to waste my time in some thing that I don't approve.

I am CC'ing Isam Bayazidi (who is now the Arabic KDE translation
team coordinator) and you two can work out the details ;) Isam
and I have decided to have him take over the coordination (so future
global issues as this go to Isam first) :-)

Isam, after reviewing this I see that Hesham's post was in fact
accurate and OneTwoRest is the right Arabic form. Please see to
its implementation.

regards,

Yours,
Hicham Amaoui