Re: CVS: translate/kde/kdebase ksplash.po

On Friday 04 January 2002 08:10, you wrote:
> Salam Everyone,
> I think KDE has to be in Latin letters as it is, first
> because it's a trademark. Second, That people who will
> use KDE won't like it. (From my experience from those
> who used Arabic softwar, most of them don't like names
> of Apps to change, to be more precise they make fun of
> changing the names from Arabic to latin letters. And
> remember that our project is for the people to use
> Arabic Linux Software that doesn't have the horrible
> feel of M$ Arabized software.

Can you please define the horrible feel of M$ Arabized software ?!
I think that using the Arabic letters as much as it is aplicable is to be
followed .. writing the word KDE in Arabic letters does not impose any
trademark issues, and infact when you write the name KDE without changing it
that won't be an issue of changing the name .. We did not change the name of
KDE, we just spelled it in Arabic letters !

Anyhow, there is paper in the Arabeyes Resouces section here:
http://www.arabeyes.org/papers/doc-standards/

This document sets a guideline for translation and documentation .. please
have a look at it, it did address this issue ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi