Re:

Hi Waseem,
with KDE3, arbic is full supported not just the interface. You can enter arabic text too
and it's well rendered. You can find some sceenshots at my web page http://amaoui.free.fr/kde3/index.html
( look at the images of kate).
I've sent an email to Mr Elzubeir asking him to setup a web page of screenshots on arabeyes.org so we
can show people the progress we're making and we can seek more volunteers.

Regards,
Hicham

Waseem S Bakr wrote:

That's what I've been saying all along. Translation is not enough. We need to try doing some real arabization. We need to be able to write arabic in KDE applications, not just have their interfaces arabic. I don't think that's an impossible thing to do, since Nadim now has some experience in that through vim.
-Waseem