Re: More questions

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 02:11:22AM +0200, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> what is your suggestion to translate:
> - bookmark
> - popup menu

Hrmm. Interesting question, I'm not sure what would be the best translation to
that. Others' input would be valuable ;)

> and there questions:
> - when dealing with Parameters, the %1 becomes 1% when writing arabic .. is
> that a problem?

No.

> - when writing strings with parameters the order of the parameter (
> position) looks wrong .. continue and ignore, or skip for now ?

Arrange them so they are grammatically correct. When in doubt, just leave it
alone and move on. (and of course, ask !)

> - lines from 1520 and after contain error messages Strings .. do we
> translate error messages ?

Definitely ;)

> - as I understand, there is no problem in doing random changes in random
> places in the file .. the CVS will do the merge, right ?

That is correct. The only way to avoid conflicts is to do:

$ cvs update

while you're in your working directory ( arabeyes/doc/kde-i18n/ ). This will
bring all the files in your directory up to date with what's on the CVS
repository. Once you see that no one else has made changes on what you are
about to commit, you go ahead and commit.

I am not going to give every single translator commit rights, that might prove
to be catastrophic (specially that it seems not many are familiar with cvs).
So, for the time being, you don't have to worry about conflicts ;)

> - should we add the PO files in the same directory of their POT files ?

Yes. Once we have a solid translated po file, we can simply ignore and remove
the original pot file.

later
| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://www.fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/         |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                        |
| University of North Texas            | http://www.fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |