Re: More questions

>> what is your suggestion to translate:
>> - bookmark
>> - popup menu
>
>Hrmm. Interesting question, I'm not sure what would be the best translation to
>that. Others' input would be valuable ;)

When word-for-word translation won't do, functional translation is OK.
Ideas:

bookmark: @alaamat makaan (?) (Microsoft calls it ishara marja at iah)
menu: qaa'imah
popup menu: qaa'imah qaafizah (?) (Microsoft calls it qaa'imah far at iiyah)
pull down menu: qaa'imah naazilah (?)
cascading menus: qawaa'im muta at aaqibah (Credit Hammad for translating
cascade to muta at aaqib)

No sense translating acronyms:
CD: qors ci. di.
DVD: qors di. vi. di.
floppy: qors marin (Hammad, Microsoft))
hard disk: qors thaabet (Microsoft; Hammad has it qors Sald)

bassem