Re: What Does ???? means in Arabic

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:17:10 -0500
 Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> In any case, the moral of the story is, the idea has been brought up
> before, slighly explored but that's about it. If anyone is into PHP and
> MySQL I would be more than happy to put up a little database up here on
> arabeyes.org (through which others can add to - but having to go through
> the approval of an editor, etc.). That should take a couple hours ;)
> Email 'contact at arabeyes dot org' if interested.

Did a quick search on google.com (gotta love it :-) and came up with
exactly what's noted above,

  http://www.ectaco.com/online/diction.php3?lang=3
  http://dictionary.ajeeb.com

Maybe someone should write a script to query ectaco.com above with the
request and paste-in the reply (don't know if its unicode though - I'm
guessing its CP-1256 -- just a thought).

Point is: there are lots of resources out there - use 'em...

On a related topic, I think there is virtue in building our own
dictionary (or if we could get a hold an OpenSource one) that would
help our upcoming spell-checker development work.

Note 'general' mailing-list - thread "Project list.."

   http://www.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2001/August/index.html