Re: Permission to distribute Allah.com's Quran translation

Why not use the translation provided with Zekr program?

- Ossama

----- Original Message ----
From: Ariszló <ariszlo at gmail dot com>
To: Arabeyes <developer at arabeyes dot org>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:16:40 AM
Subject: Permission to distribute Allah.com's Quran translation

Dear Quran Project Developers,

libquran used to contain quran.en.xml, a translation of the Holy Quran
into English by Grand Shaykh Professor Hasan Qaribullah and Shaykh
Ahmad Darwish but it was removed on April 24 2003 to avoid possible
problems caused by distributing unknown sources:

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/quran/libquran/data/xml/Attic/quran.en.xml
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2003/April/msg00122.html

Since I do not read Arabic, I asked Grand Shaykh Professor Hasan
Qaribullah and Shaykh Ahmad Darwish for permission to distribute their
translation in a data package to be used with libquran frontends and
Shaykh Ahmad Darwish kindly granted it asking that the latest version
of the translation should be used.

Unfortunately, I am not a programmer and cannot automatically update
quran.en.xml from
http://www.allah.com/cgi-bin/mt.cgi?lang=en&cfile=TheKoran

Is there anybody still involved in the Quran project? If so, could
somebody convert the latest translation into an xml file for libquran?

Regards,

Ariszlo