Re: Permission to distribute Allah.com's Quran translation

On الخميس 27 سبتمبر 2007, Mohammad DAMT wrote:

> As you may have read the archive I'm the maintainer of the project,
> which is currently (slowly) re-implement the library. Feel free to
> re-join the force.

What have been discussed is of course important but there are more critical
issues that, although have little to do with coding, are in the very scope of
the project like text encoding guidelines and rendering engine design which I
think I'll start working on.

If you remember, the plan was to get something running and then start from
there and hence the design of the library which some see as flawed.

For example, we decided to use the current audio architecture which can only
handle by verse audio files. That wasn't because this was the best way but
because by verse audio files were the only option available given the lack of
people willing to record and synchronize audio and text specifically for this
library (with the exception of Ossama Khayat of course) which is an overkill
for a new library.

--
Lt. Mohammed Yousif
Signal Corps