Re: AOCR for open source

Open source != C

You could arguably release it with the matlab dependency(and some documentation what exactly the matlab parts do) and let the OSS crowd help out on some of them.

The interface should not be an issue as most OCR engines only need to be able to run from command line, but it can be added later, perhaps even with an entirely different language(some people here love python for jobs like this)

One last note: there are a few open source matlab replacements out there, I don't know how compatible they are, but it might be worth to check them out...

Hope I helped,
Afief Halumi