Re: Permission to distribute Allah.com's Quran translation

Isn't a 50% valid translation still better than no translation at all?
I mean any GPL program you see says "this program might burn your computer, eat your data, and rape your sister. just because it never happened doesn't mean it's impossible, we claim no responsibility"

If anybody finds big enough problems I'm sure they'll fix them.

By the way, is that a "permission to include in libquran" or "releasing the translation under GPL/public domain"?
Also, I think Wikisource has at least 3 versions of Quran translations...

On 9/26/07, Mohammed Yousif <mhdyousif at gmx dot net > wrote:
On الخميس 27 سبتمبر 2007, Ariszló wrote:

> Unfortunately, I am not a programmer and cannot automatically update
> quran.en.xml from
> http://www.allah.com/cgi-bin/mt.cgi?lang=en&cfile=TheKoran
>
> Is there anybody still involved in the Quran project? If so, could
> somebody convert the latest translation into an xml file for libquran?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ariszlo

The validity of this translation is questionable.

--
Lt. Mohammed Yousif
Signal Corps