Re: zekr deb package for Debian

Salaam,

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 18:43 +0200, Mohammed Adnène Trojette wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2007, Mohammed Adnène Trojette wrote:
> >  - debian/control:
> >  -------------------
> >   + use ${misc:Depends} and ${shlibs:Depends} instead of specifying Depends
>
> Why are you Pre-Depending on debconf?

If I only Depend on them, I get the following lintian Warning:

W: zekr-quran-translations-en: postinst-does-not-load-confmodule
W: zekr-quran-translations-en: missing-debconf-dependency-for-preinst

> The description contains twice (shakir.zip).

removed.

> >  - debian/copyright:
> >  -------------------
> >   + wrap file
>
> You did not do it: some of your lines are more than 72 or 80 chars.

done,

> > It is NOT PERMITTED to distribute ANY OF THESE FILES for commercial (or profit) purposes.
> >  => not uploadable to Debian (or to non-free)
> >  => in debian/control, put non-free where needed.
>
> You did not do this.

I changed the Section to: non-free/x11

> While building the package, I got these errors:
>    | Parsing pickthall.zip...
>    | /bin/sh: unzip: command not found
>    | Parsing shakir.zip...
>    | /bin/sh: unzip: command not found
>    | Parsing yusufali.zip...
>    | /bin/sh: unzip: command not found

I get these errors on neither Ubuntu's pbuilder (feisty) nor Debian's.
With which command do you build the package?

Uploaded here:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/non-free/z/zekr-quran-translations-en

I am doing my best to prepare this package before 30 Aug which is the
deadline of merging new packages to Ubuntu. If it is accepted for
debian, do you think is there any possibility to be imported to Ubuntu
for Gutsy?

thanks,
Mohammad