Re: namazTime 0.9

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 03:12:13PM -0400, ahmed wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 21:05 +0300, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > Catch ;-)
> > You need to check for libitl in configure.in
> > This patch should do the trick for now.
> > http://home.foolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/patches/namazTime-configure.in-check-for-libitl.diff?rev=1.1&view=auto
> >

> cool, jazakAllah khair -- they said it should be back soon and
> insha'Allah can merge it in.  do you want a userid/password to directly
> commit?

I don't think you should give it to me or you will wake up one day to find out that I've
rewrote the whole thing. Which is something you won't like. I'm serious.

The 2nd point is that I can't guarantee my time.

> > I think I can start working on the multiple locations support.
> > Any design you have in mind ?
>
> i haven't really thought about it much -- but perhaps having some sort
> of "profile" thing where the person just chooses the profile and
> switches to it.  then in the config file (which is now just plain
> text... should it be xml?) we'd load the profile that they have
> selected...

I don't think that XML is the best thing.
IMHO, We can have a file that lists all the available profiles. And one plain file per
each profile.

IMHO, I'd represent The whole thing like this:
PS. That's a basic prototype.

class Config {
public:
void list_profiles(std::vector<std::string>& profiles);
Profile& get_profile(int);
};

// Profile is an object with methods to get/set all the available parameters.
// I'd load all the profiles in the Config constructor and get_profile() loads the actual
profile from the disk.

That's the basic idea. Of course we needn't implement it in an OO style. It's just easier
for me to express it that way!

Ideally, I'd treat each profile as an object and have a "viewer" object that is
responsible for "rendering" the prayer profile on the screen.

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Member.