Re: namazTime 0.9

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 01:14:14PM -0400, ahmed wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 10:31 +0300, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > How is this related to the autoconf/automake issue ?
>
> jazakAllah khair - its not, but i did it since the default glade build
> brings autoconf/automake support.

Catch ;-)
You need to check for libitl in configure.in
This patch should do the trick for now.
http://home.foolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/patches/namazTime-configure.in-check-for-libitl.diff?rev=1.1&view=auto

> > > cool, would appreciate any help or contribution.  i put up a public svn
> > > server at http://piousity.net/namazTime with the latest changes
> > > mentioned above.  if anyone wants write access let me know.
> >
> > 404!
>
> yeah - i think when i setup the svn server on the managed hosting
> yesterday, they did something to the setup (i can ssh fine, but
> something is wrong with their apache config or something).  i opened a
> ticket for this to be fixed, but in the meanwhile, you can get a tar.bz2
> of the latest stuff in svn here:
>
> http://66.197.177.245/tmp/namazTime.tar.bz2

I host my own CVS on my home server. It might be a bit slow and/or unreliable.
But I like it that way.

> (yet another reason why i am thinking to just host myself... too much
> potential of trouble dealing with these managed hosting people because
> sometimes, you just can't solve problems without root access...).

I know that dreamhost are fine.

Anyway, If you can afford 16$ per month. Get yourself a VPS from xelhosting.com
I'm hosting foolab.org and some other websites there and their service is fine with me.
The good side is that you get your own virtual server with root access.
The bad side is that you get 128 MBs RAM. It's not that bad if you know how to optimize it.

Anyway, Guess I'll be working on the backend side since I never used glade seriously
and I started to hate GUI programming.

I think I can start working on the multiple locations support.
Any design you have in mind ?

PS. Do you mind if I use C++ ?

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950