[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Developer Digest, Vol 13, Issue 16
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Re: Developer Digest, Vol 13, Issue 16
- From: "Dr.Dre" <pharon at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:15:45 +0200
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references; b=uQ7wg5g6dcAg2H4lyzCA5HEwL/4sK6/ik8+4vTT7Qj1Y1WdS08DGM0wLbP+PMQwIcI9/jxuGFQZIxPNpZd9LM4zGWhtguXWRoEiiyhmYwf0+JJ62yOw9tU4PkFQjY7sxKHhtg5Qo43MvS62BUWdMFvBxAhbdbv6+YCOMOGumpXM=
1- Mplayer patch is on my website. Get it from there. If you can make
binary packages for different distros I'll be happy to host them too.
2- I use nicknames for fun. Definitely no offense meant.
3- I'll gladly join any development effort whether based on phaeronix
or not. I'll also gladly submit work included in phaeronix for use in
any other distro. (GPL that is).
4- Morphix is one man based effort so is Phaeronix. Morphix built a
community, and ubuntu based their efforts on it initially. Why not do
the same for phaeronix/arabbix/<insert your favorite name>. It's all
names. In the end all we want is a well aimed, planned, documented,
and most importantly team effort.
5- While I and many like me prefer source based distros some other
people like binary package based distros. I like to mess with patches
and cutting edge stuff, other's like ultra-stable year-old stuff.
either way we use linux.
IMHO linux-live gives us a way to bring all this together.
Anyway I am ATM building an ISO using the linux-live scripts, as a
pre-alpha of what my vision looks like. I'll show it to alaa and
Uniball, maybe even make it downloadable. Until then I prefer to keep
my mouth shut.