Re: hadith application

Assalamu 'alaykum

My application is a rewrite of an available application under windows.
The windows version is a non commercial applications that could be used by everyone except for commercial use.

I try to contact the author of the application, but he did not answer me :((
So I start to rewrite the application from the scratch.

The application is composed of many widget : ComboBox, ListBox  that allows the users to search in a database of tapes.

The available sheekhs are : sheikh nasir ad-din al-albani, sheikh 'abdel 'aziz bin baz sheikh sheilh mohammad ibnu salih al-uthaimeen, sheikh salih al-fawzan, sheikh 'abdel muhsin al-'abbad and sheikh salih Aal sheikh

The user could choose a sheikh, and then he choose the books available for this sheikh and after that he gets a lists of tapes related to the Sheikh/Book.
When the user select a tape, he get the content of this tape in an other listbox.
From the "content" list box the user could directly jump into the tape at the correct location.

The complete program is composed of 2 pieces:
  - the core search/engine/User interface application
  - the data (a collection of RealAudio datas)

The complete data takes many CDs (e.g. 7 CDs are necessary for all the tapes of sheikh al-albani it inlcudes ~700 Tapes of the well-known fatawas series "silsilatu al-huda wa an-nur" )

I have  to go now, Wenn I'll be back I will post some screenshot of the Windows applications and my application.

On 4/30/05, Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
--- benoit midy <bmidy23 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I will wait that archos release its SDK, because the version of QT that
> archos has is limited with many read-only path ... :(

While you're waiting - you didn't tell us about the application and the
data used.  It is something the open source community can benefit from;
what sort of license is your code under; is it accessible so others
can learn from and build upon, etc.  We've gotten various 'hadith'
application requests over the years and what you're working on might
very well fit those requests (the data-set is of genuine interest).