UTF-8 with Konqueror and KHTMLPart

Salam,

When using KDE's Konqueror, version 3.0.x, web browser to display Arabic
(UTF-8) HTML files the rendering is done neatly. After upgrading a machine
at work with KDE 3.2, and lately 3.4, Konqueror doesn't seem to render the
UTF-8 HTML files properly--the last letter of the last word is appended to
the beginning of the line.

If the word is something like:

Testing

it becomes:

gTestin

(Assume Arabic characters are used)

1. I would kindly like to know what is the problem.

2. What is the fix, if any?

Note: Since konqueror uses the KHTMLPart KPart, I also have this problem when
rendering Arabic UTF-8 using a KHTMLPart in a test program.

Salam,
Abdalla