Re: Arabbix initial roadmap.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 03:38:49PM +0100, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 13:19, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> [...]
> > * After we reach a stable release no more updates'll be done except when major software packages are rolled out:
> >  - OpenOffice
> >  - The latest 100% arabised version of GNOME "as arabbix'll be based on GNOME, though it can be easely adapted via morphix mainmodules"
> >  - Morphix base updates.
> >  - Any 3 arabeyes applications outdated in arabbix
> >  - upon the release of an application that is considered vital such as the C++ version of duali.
>
> Are you planning to maintain compatibility with morphix, or fork an
> entirely different distro?
> I mean, as you may launch a different, newer, version of GNOME rather
> than the version in Morphix (ditto for OpenOffice, etc), will Arabbix
> depend on Morphix just for the hardware stuff, or will it follow
> Morphix, possibly feedback things like GNOME and so?

No, I'll try to keep the compatibility with morphix, though i'm sure that the base module may require some small modifications, I'll try to talk with the morphix people in order to find a way so we won't need to modify the base module in order to include our changes, But if we fail to find a solution, the changes should be kept to the minimal and the procedure followed to do these changes should be well documented.

Why not contribute any main/mini modules we create back to morphix ?

--
-- Katoob Main Developer, Arabbix Maintainer.