Re: [Fribidi-discuss] Re: FriBidi's license (was - my Bidi...)

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Yes, well. I did not think my suggestion consisted of a dirty interface.
> I even managed to convince Dov of that during a lift I gave him after
> the Go-Linux event last year. Maybe I shouldn't have changed those
> flights and gone through Toronto after all - a face to face helps in
> convincing of that :-P
>
> In any case, I started working on that, and then realized that it's far
> too much work unless we seperate the character types and the actual
> resolving. Once that is done, I'm fairly confident I can convince you
> how to do that satisfying all of the above requirements.

I'm convinced!  I almost have the solution, but need some time to
work it down.  Ok, here is my current plan for FriBidi:  I'm
moving to freedesktop.org.  CVS has been moved, list would move
this week.  Then I would commit my shaping code that is almost
done, but it doesn't change the current api.  We release 0.20
with Arabic shaping support.  That would hopefully fulfill our
contract that is already overdue.  Then I raise again the
discussion about a new api that supports your feature too.

Why don't you try OLS?  That's great.  I'll be there.  Muli and
Orna are coming this year too.  Here is the link:

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/

>              Shachar

--behdad
  behdad.org