Re: FriBidi's license (was - my Bidi...)

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 19:39, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> by using or even writing our own Bidi

/me is very shocked to hear that!

Why in hell did we spend those many hours working on FriBidi's 100%
Unicode compatiblity if one will still need to write a new bidi engine
for many free software applications?

That's something to think about. I seriously believe we should change
the license to a more liberal license, and the Putty case is proof
enough. We should consider asking the opinion of GNU people of course,
as I don't want to lose the GNU package status.

IIRC, we at least had one contributor who was against relicensing his
work (can't remember whom). Is there anyone else?

roozbeh