Re: [Fribidi-discuss] Re: my Bidi implementation

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

Hummm,  I think you are not missing anything, and most probably
you are right.  Right now that I think myself, I find it
reasonable.  I think the niether Arabeyes, nor PuTTY people
really checked it on fsf.org.  The scenario was that I said
"FriBidi is LGPLed, you can dynamically link to it, like xterm
does."  And people said "No, we want putty.exe to be standalone,
so FriBidi is not an option."

Thanks for the note Shachar,
--behdad
behdad.org

They can't put the sources for fribidi inside their sources, or they must clearly label it as a bunch of sources under a different license. I don't see any problem with statically linking a library, though.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting