Re: Arabize 0.1

Assalamu Alaikum,

Great work! I like it.

I think this is a good idea. For people like me who are not native Arabic speakers/writers it is quite complicated to get used to the Arabic writing (on PC) - mainly because there are more letters than in Latin based languages so you have to use keys for typing you normally don't use.
Another thing is, due to not having an Arabic keyboard I find it quite difficult to remember a key's position, because the Arabic letter that is assigned to a specific key has a totally different pronunciation than the Latin one - this gets worse when they are close in the alphabet: l -> MIM, k -> NUN .

So go on.

I found some transliterations which I think are not that intuitive. So here is my correction proposal: q -> QAF j -> JIM g -> GHAYN KH -> KHA (T' -> DHA) (DH -> DHAD) (A -> ALIF MAKSURA) ((t) -> TA MARBUTA)

I hope you find a way to enable harakat. maybe like this: \a -> FATHA \A -> FATHATAN \c -> HAMZA \_c -> HAMZA BOTTOM \i -> KASSRA \I -> KASSRATAN \o -> SUKKUN \u -> DHAMMA \U -> DHAMMATAN \w -> SHADDA

Salam, Riyad Preukschas