Re: [Issue N43864] U06DD "End Of Ayah" is not rendered correctly in QTextEdit (and inhereted classes)

On Thursday 11 March 2004 18:00, qt-bugs at trolltech dot com wrote:
> Hi Mohammed,
>
> On Thursday, 11. Mar 2004 16:29 Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> >   This bug has been around for quite a while.
> >   Let me first explain what U06DD "End Of Ayah" is used for.
> >   In the Qur'an every chapter consists of a number of verses (from 3
> >   to 286).
> >   When the end of verse is reached, the number of that verse (or Ayah
> >   in
> >   Arabic) is written using Hindi digits (or Arabic-Indic digits as
> >   Unicode
> >   calls them) with a bounding symbol that marks the end of the verse
> >   (U06DD "End Of Ayah").
> >   The problem is that Qt draws U06DD as a regular character with its
> >   own
> >   width while the expected behavior is to look for the adjacent digits
> >   and
> >   draws that symbol around them (after making the digits small enough
> >   fit in the symbol).
> >   Attached are two images:
> >     + current.png, gives the current behavior of Qt rendering this.
> >     + expected.png, gives the right and expected behavior.
> >
> >   I know this is tricky but U06DD is simply not usable unless it is
> >   rendered
> >   correctly.
>
> I am able to reproduce this problem, but unfortunatly there is not much
> we can do about it in the short term.  I have notified the developers
> about this and they will look into fixing it for our next major
> release.  Thanks for reporting this to us.
>
> Regards,
> Andy

 Oh, thanks Andy, that is what I hoped anyway as I know it is tricky
 and we (qt users) can always get around it by using brackets and special
 drawn digits (some tiling wound't hurt anyway :-)

 Thanks for your interest in this bug.

--
Mohammed Yousif