Re: [Issue N43864] U06DD "End Of Ayah" is not rendered correctly in QTextEdit (and inhereted classes)

Hi Mohammed,

On Thursday, 11. Mar 2004 16:29 Mohammed Yousif wrote:

>   This bug has been around for quite a while.
>   Let me first explain what U06DD "End Of Ayah" is used for.
>   In the Qur'an every chapter consists of a number of verses (from 3
>   to 286).
>   When the end of verse is reached, the number of that verse (or Ayah
>   in
>   Arabic) is written using Hindi digits (or Arabic-Indic digits as
>   Unicode
>   calls them) with a bounding symbol that marks the end of the verse
>   (U06DD "End Of Ayah").
>   The problem is that Qt draws U06DD as a regular character with its
>   own
>   width while the expected behavior is to look for the adjacent digits
>   and
>   draws that symbol around them (after making the digits small enough
>   fit in the symbol).
>   Attached are two images:
>     + current.png, gives the current behavior of Qt rendering this.
>     + expected.png, gives the right and expected behavior.
>
>   I know this is tricky but U06DD is simply not usable unless it is
>   rendered
>   correctly.

I am able to reproduce this problem, but unfortunatly there is not much
we can do about it in the short term.  I have notified the developers
about this and they will look into fixing it for our next major
release.  Thanks for reporting this to us.

Regards,
Andy
--
Trolltech AS, Waldemar Thranes gate 98, NO-0175 Oslo, Norway