PuTTY & Bidi - decision ?

Simon/Owen, we really need your decision on how to proceed with regard
to the Bidi code.  The ICU license was replied to, yet we are not aware
of your stance (is ICU still not an option ?).  Ahmad has also since
started implementing his own Bidi code _and_ fribidi's main authors
have been considering possible solutions to this dilemma yet we NEED
your input and decisions.

Please read the archives in arabeyes' developer list and let us know
how you'd like to proceed in earnest.  As noted, we are willing to do
most of the work (as agreed upon initially), but we do expect and
require your decisions and direction (you are the gate keepers after
all :-).

This thread might be of interest,

  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/March/msg00094.html

BTW: please "reply" to ALL.