Re: putty6.2 shapes, bidi testing

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> new PuTTY available...
> http://www.toomuchcookies.net/~arabeyes/putty6.2.exe
> it uses my implementation of Bidi...

Cool.

> shaping issues:
> + space after LAA is converted to KASRA, i was trying something.
> + char immediately before LAA is not shaped...

Yup, I confirm both ;-)

> bidi issues:
> + lines that are Left aligned (i.e start with Left chars), the
>    arabic at the rest of the line is not flipped correctly..

Confirmed.

> + characters that are BIDIed are english and arabic only...
> + lacks mirroring. (TODO)

Not sure what mirroring means here.

> + some issue around parenthesis...

Yup, saw some oddities with regard to parentheses.

I also saw some oddities with regard to line breaks (if you have a long
text line - the break doesn't happen where one would expect - no biggie).
In ar_utf8, less the file and note the very last line to see what I mean.
This is most definitely NOT a priority.

Ahmad, you had noted that putyy will be 80 characters wide max - that is
not necessarily true and so you should not always consider that to be the
norm (I was running it as 115x25 for instance :-).

BTW: Excellent work !!

Any other testers (elzubeir/karouri/etc) ?
It only take 2-3 minutes to do this.