Re: my Bidi implementation

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> Dov wrote:
 ^^^^^^^^^^^
Ahmad, do please include the author of the text you cite !!

> >I checked my old archives yesterday and I found that I still have
> >the very first releases of fribidi where I was the sole contributor.
> >I personally have no problem releasing these under a putty compatible
> >licence. It would save Ahmed some work if he didn't have to
> >reimplement this. I think it would be good to rename the sources
> >though so that there is no confusion with fribidi.
>
> i think explicit codes are used by some programs (can anyone confirm..?)
> i dont have any problem with that... but i need to discuss it with PuTTY's
> author... nadim, what do u think..?

I'm rather disappointed with Simon's lack of replies (I'll ping him yet
again on this topic) but my suggestion would be to continue on what you
are doing (ie. create your own frierBidi or whatever name you want to
give it :-) with either your code and/or with Dov's earlier work or bits
and pieces from both.  I continue to believe the more people privy and
aware of the Bidi spec (intimately) the better we all are.

Hope that makes sense.