Re: my Bidi implementation

I checked my old archives yesterday and I found that I still have
the very first releases of fribidi where I was the sole contributor.
I personally have no problem releasing these under a putty compatible
licence. It would save Ahmed some work if he didn't have to
reimplement this. I think it would be good to rename the sources
though so that there is no confusion with fribidi.

Do you have anything against it, Behdad?

What it would give you:

   * A complete (but probably somewhat buggy) implementation of
     the implicit unicode bidi algorithm.

   * No support for explicit overrides (but, hey, would use those
     in a terminal emulator!)

   * Less than optimal speed wise. No sophisticated lookup (neither
     two-level nor nine-level. ;-)

i think explicit codes are used by some programs (can anyone confirm..?) i dont have any problem with that... but i need to discuss it with PuTTY's author... nadim, what do u think..?

ak.