Re: PuTTY testing (shaping)

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> so here is putty's new URL, with a primitive versioning system,
>
>   http://www.toomuchcookies.net/~arabeyes/putty5.exe
>
> all shaping issues should now be gone.... (it might seem strange,
> but after min and max everything should look as it should be,
> without BiDi) Ligatures were not handled, now they are...

Seems as though a few things are still left (again if you are unable
to test by logging in somewhere mail me in private).  There are issues
with some letters within a word being in the wrong place completely.
Its hard to describe, or find a pattern on what is failing - it would
be best for you to see it first hand.  The LAA after an Alef is also
shaped as a medial (it should be initial).

BTW: if there were any changes to M.Sameer's code do please echo it
     back into CVS,

     http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/tools/shape_bidi/shape_arabic.c

> when LAM-ALEF is found LAM is changed to the Ligature glyph and ALEF
> is changed to a space... does any1 have any better ideas..?? keep in
> mind that the buffer size has to be the same, the source buffer IS the
> destination buffer...
> maybe a simple position shifting would be nicer... :)

The extra space is not acceptable as it is rather unnatural to see or
comprehend.  I'm not sure what can be done, but having extra spaces
on the end of the line are also problematic (this might be a questions
for Simon on how to shorten the visual buffer's length without any side
affects).