Re: PuTTY testing (shaping)

--- Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de> wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you Omar for finally appearing as a person :-)  Seriously - thanks.

> For me it seems to work now, with all the force redraw thingie. Why
> does it delete the whole word though, when you want to delete the last
> character???

This needs to be fixed, but this can wait a bit - a first order is
to enable the display (shear display only) of files.  We'll also have
to talk about harakat (fatha, damma, etc), but that's for later.

> again my question: What is this arabic in putty for? There are no
> commands you could pass on to a server in arabic, are there??

:-) hehee.  Think about it this way.  You talk to a guy who knows
nothing but windows and tell him to try linux/unix - the first thing
he might consider is to login to a machine and 'cd' around (assuming
the person is not a mouse-click-freak).  In order to give the Arab
user the ability to actually see arabic content, PuTTY is gonna have
to first and foremost support and assist in its display, etc.  In
short, it is needed if you are stuck on windows and want to connect
to a linux box and write/read/modify some Arabic content.