Re: Katoob errors (bon weekend :-) )

I like this list :-)

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 01:21:15AM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here are the error descriptions of the menus and dialogs and some others.
>
>   ____ ( '/home/michelle/downloads/katoob_menu_errors.txt' ) ___________
>  /
> |  Errrors in menus:
> |  =================
> |
> |  Werkzeuge:	First menu item
> |  		=> Execute Command on Buffer...
Werkzeuge ??

> |  Errors in Dialogs:
> |  ==================
> |
> |  File => Open:
> |  	Select a file and try the Button "Rename file"
> |  	The Button right in the Dialog shows "Umbn"
> |
> |  File => Save As:	same as above
> |  File => Save Copy	same as above
> |  File => Import		same as above
> |  File => Export		same as above

can't get it.

> |  File => Print
> |  	1)  second tab lable is "Printer:" and should be "Printer"
fixed in CVS

> |  	2)  If I select in "Location" Custom, and then "Browse" the
> |  	    following Dialog schow me the title "Please select a
> |  	    file to print to."
> |  	    ??? => I select the a printer daemon and not a file.
fixed in the CVS

> |  	3)  If I selct the third tab "Paper" the listbox "Margins
> |  	    (inch)" on the right let select me only "Inch" not "cm"
> |  	    (the european metric system)

ok, I'll add this to my TODO list.

> |  Edit => Preferences
> |  	1)  The listbox on the left schows me the englisch text and
> |  	    not the german
get the updated de.po from the CVS, email it to u ?

> |  	2)  "General" => in german tanslation it shows me "Executed
> |  	    commands history size:" and not the german one
odd, sure tha u didn't translate it like that ?

> |  	3)  "File Save" => "Backup Directory" shows me for example my
> |  	    home at "/home/michelle" and if I select "Browse", the
> |  	    following Dialog put me into "/home" which is false. Then
> |  	    if I select a new Directory like /home/michelle/doc/bak"
> |  	    it show me the right directory under the two listboxes
> |  	    and if I klick OK, I get the Error: "This file doesn't
> |  	    exist."
> |  	    ==> If I type the full path into the inputfield and klick
> |  		OK, it works correctly...
I'll have a look at this...

> |  	4)  "Print" => First item "Printing font" does not translate
> |  	    to german. Then They are "X Dot Per Inch" and "Y Dot Per
> |  	    Inch" which mut be translatable. Inch => cm

I'm not sure this is possible ;)
anyway, u shouldn't change the values unless u understand what they are doin ?
> |  	5)  "Advanced" => Katoob does not respect on startup the "Top"
> |  	    value (which is set), which mean, it start alwas at 0,0

what's your wm/DE ?
maybe it's a problem with it.

> |  Search => Find
> |  	If I type a text in, Katoob crash without any warnings.

install gdb, i hope the crash dialog can tell more.
sorry for that.

> |  Tools => Execute Command on Buffer
> |  	does not translate into german
probably an old po file.
ok, I'll upload the current po file to home.foolab.org, but i was moving foolab.org to another host. need to add the subdomains and adjust some settings...

> |  Tools => Spell Check...
> |  	Does crash with a warning "PRINT OLD_SPELL"

gdb

> |  Tools => Autocheck Spelling...
> |  	Crash as above with the same error message.

gdb

> |  Help => About
> |  	Credit to translaters and other helpers :-)

do you have a dialog design in mind ? ;-)

Samy, u were looking for something to do. pick anything from the above.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer