Re: Katoob errors (bon weekend :-) )

Good evening Mohammed,

Am 2004-07-02 19:22:06, schrieb Mohammed Sameer:
>I like this list :-)

:-)

>On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 01:21:15AM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
>> Hello,

>> |  Werkzeuge:	First menu item
>> |  		=> Execute Command on Buffer...
>Werkzeuge ??

Tools

>> |  Errors in Dialogs:
>> |  ==================
>> |
>> |  File => Open:
>> |  	Select a file and try the Button "Rename file"
>> |  	The Button right in the Dialog shows "Umbn"
>> |
>> |  File => Save As:	same as above
>> |  File => Save Copy	same as above
>> |  File => Import		same as above
>> |  File => Export		same as above
>> |
>can't get it.

I get "Umbn" in the german translation...
But it is nowhere translated.

Is this a Ready-To-Use dialog from gtk2.0 ?
If yes, maybe the error is there.

>> |  	3)  If I selct the third tab "Paper" the listbox "Margins
>> |  	    (inch)" on the right let select me only "Inch" not "cm"
>> |  	    (the european metric system)
>> |
>ok, I'll add this to my TODO list.

Thanks.

>> |  Edit => Preferences
>> |  	1)  The listbox on the left schows me the englisch text and
>> |  	    not the german
>get the updated de.po from the CVS, email it to u ?

I used the katoob.pot from the CVS
If there is a new one i will pick it.

>> |  	2)  "General" => in german tanslation it shows me "Executed
>> |  	    commands history size:" and not the german one
>odd, sure tha u didn't translate it like that ?

This string does not exist in the katoob.pot

>> |  	4)  "Print" => First item "Printing font" does not translate
>> |  	    to german. Then They are "X Dot Per Inch" and "Y Dot Per
>> |  	    Inch" which mut be translatable. Inch => cm
>
>I'm not sure this is possible ;)
>anyway, u shouldn't change the values unless u understand what they are doin ?

In german I must translate it as

"X Punkte pro Inch" and "Y Punkte pro Inch"

But the two strings do not exist in the katoob.pot

>> |  	5)  "Advanced" => Katoob does not respect on startup the "Top"
>> |  	    value (which is set), which mean, it start alwas at 0,0
>> |
>what's your wm/DE ?
>maybe it's a problem with it.

fvwm 2.4.8, 2.4.16, 2.5.8, 2.5.10-9

All other Applications which set the Windowposition them self are working.

>> |  Search => Find
>> |  	If I type a text in, Katoob crash without any warnings.
>> |
>install gdb, i hope the crash dialog can tell more.
>sorry for that.

I like katoob it is a realy good GUI
and I like to see it working     :-)

>> |  Tools => Execute Command on Buffer
>> |  	does not translate into german
>probably an old po file.

It was from the CVS

>ok, I'll upload the current po file to home.foolab.org, but i was
>moving foolab.org to another host. need to add the subdomains and
>adjust some settings...

OK, I will look for it.

>> |  Tools => Spell Check...
>> |  	Does crash with a warning "PRINT OLD_SPELL"
>> |
>gdb

OK...

>> |  Tools => Autocheck Spelling...
>> |  	Crash as above with the same error message.
>> |
>gdb

:-)

>> |  Help => About
>> |  	Credit to translaters and other helpers :-)
>
>do you have a dialog design in mind ? ;-)

Curently not...
How many people are helping on Katoob ?
Maybe an attached textbox like in "gaim" ?

>Samy, u were looking for something to do. pick anything from the above.

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi