Re: ITL release

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 12:36:06PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Thamer Mahmoud <thamer at newkuwait dot org> wrote:
> > I'm aware of this, but I wasn't sure that it's an upload
> > requirement. I thought a bug report on this should be enough for
> > now. If that's not the case, we could either make one fast (Nadim?),
> > or maybe I shall move the ireminder.pl script to the
> > /usr/share/doc/itools/example/ folder as a temp/ugly workaround.

Thamer:
 No way, because any scripts in ../examples should not be used as runable
 scripts and this is _not_ _correct_. I think we want upload it in a good
 shape. ;-)

> ireminder.pl is a script that is meant to simply have a '--help'
> command-line option.  I saw Thamer's request for a manpage, but
> dismissed it thinking it was overkill.  Is there a place to put
> scripts in debian (aside from the locations lintian checks)
> that we can use (maybe /var/lib/itl/bin/ or /usr/share/ or similar) ?

Nadim:

 I think it is not that difficult to write a small manpage with the content
 of ireminder.pl --help output in man way ;-)

> Come to think of it, all the binaries ought to go to /var/lib/itl/bin
> instead of the current /usr/bin - that seems to be what most pacakges
> are doing anyways, no ?

Nadim:
 No, itools is a tool which need the itl lib _not_ vice versa. All runable
 programmes or scripts by the user should be in _/usr/bin_ and all runable
 files should have a manpage.

> > Also the control file refers to ireminder as ipreminder (oops..). and
> > the debinstall process in Makefile.in had a duplicate line (nothing
> > critical). I corrected both these bugs in CVS and I suggest you use
> > the new files.

Thamer:
 Oh thanks I did not notice it yet. :-)

Salam
	Ayman

Ayman Negm
PGP-key: 0x63E8BE82
Fingerprint: CFB5 5773 4D19 1507 C4B0  A38A 27FE A5D1 63E8 BE82