Re: ITL release

--- Thamer Mahmoud <thamer at newkuwait dot org> wrote:
> Ayman Negm writes:
>  > The Itl lib package is clean and ready for upload, but the itool
>  > package need a manpage for ireminder.pl.
>  > <lintian output>
>  >
>  > W: itools: binary-without-manpage ireminder.pl
>  > N:
>  > N:   Each binary in /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /bin, /sbin or /usr/games should
>  > N:   have a manual page
>  > N:
>  > N:   Note, that though the `man' program has the capability to check for
>  > N:   several program names in the NAMES section, each of these programs
>  > N:   should have its own manual page (a symbolic link to the appropriate
>  > N:   manual page is sufficient) because other manual page viewers such as
>  > N:   xman or tkman don't support this.
>  > N:
>  > N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 12.1 for details.
>  >
>  > </lintian output>
>
> I'm aware of this, but I wasn't sure that it's an upload
> requirement. I thought a bug report on this should be enough for
> now. If that's not the case, we could either make one fast (Nadim?),
> or maybe I shall move the ireminder.pl script to the
> /usr/share/doc/itools/example/ folder as a temp/ugly workaround.

ireminder.pl is a script that is meant to simply have a '--help'
command-line option.  I saw Thamer's request for a manpage, but
dismissed it thinking it was overkill.  Is there a place to put
scripts in debian (aside from the locations lintian checks)
that we can use (maybe /var/lib/itl/bin/ or /usr/share/ or similar) ?

Come to think of it, all the binaries ought to go to /var/lib/itl/bin
instead of the current /usr/bin - that seems to be what most pacakges
are doing anyways, no ?

> Also the control file refers to ireminder as ipreminder (oops..). and
> the debinstall process in Makefile.in had a duplicate line (nothing
> critical). I corrected both these bugs in CVS and I suggest you use
> the new files.

Should I re-upload the 0.6.1 itools release to sf.net just to be clean ?