[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
a software library for multilingualisation
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: a software library for multilingualisation
- From: TAKAHASHI Naoto <ntakahas at m17n dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:14:04 +0900 (JST)
- Cc: mule-aist at m17n dot org
- User-agent: SEMI/1.14.3 (Ushinoya) FLIM/1.14.2 (Yagi-Nishiguchi) APEL/10.2 Emacs/21.2 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8) MULE/5.0 (SAKAKI)
Dear Arabeyes developers,
Nadim Shaikli kindly encouraged me to post this information to this list.
We have been working on developing a software library to
multilingualise Unix/Linux software. Our library helps writing
application programs that need to display/input/edit various languages
and scripts including, of course, Arabic.
A snapshot of a sample program (a simple editor) using this library is
available at the following URL.
The font used there is Riwaj.ttf. I do not read Arabic, but it looks
farely beautiful. However, the font fails to position vowel signs
correctly. Look at this.
I have investigated all the opentype fonts available from the Arabeyes
web site. Unfortunately, none of them had appropriate GPOS features.
So I imagine that vowels signs have little importance to native
Anyway, we will be very glad if you make use of our library to develop
Arabised application programs for Unix/Linux systems.
ntakahas at m17n dot org