Re: u2ps - Is there any Arabic mail archives?

Hi,

> --- Ossama Khayat wrote:
> > I really like the output as PDF as it seems so clean. Anway, for
> > what it's worth, here are some comments:
> > - Letters are borken on harakat (tashkeel or umlaut).

I need to learn more Arabic knowledge to understand what this mean.
I compare outputs of Mozilla and u2ps, and I know there are some difference
in defail.

> > - Words at the end of the line are broken into separate lines,
> >   i.e. last one two letters that don't fit on the same line,
> >   are put separately on a new line.

This is a hyphenation fault and happens for English too.
I will fix it. Thanks for note.

> > - In the title up, the Arabic word 'April' has not shaping at all.

I will fix this too.

> > Other than this, it's really cool.
>
> With regard to the PDF file that you have on the URL
> noted above, I fully agree with Ossama's comments/observations.

Because when people check new software, just they use 5 seconds
to take a look, sometimes with Windows platform. And PDF is much
more popular on web than ps.

Libgnomeprint supports PDF output, so u2ps can support direct PDF
output logically. But libgnomeprint doesn't support some option for PDF
mode, so it needs some additional fix for the future.

> > And now 0.0.2 released with Arabic shaping and Bidi support.
> > For further development and support, I need thousand of real
> > mails written in real Arabic.  I've seen several Arabic sites
> > but cannot follow Arabic links to find Arabic mailing lists.
>
> We occasionally get Arabic mails on the 'doc' mailing-list
> yet I too don't know a 100% Arabic mailing-list (there must
> be ones - anyone ?)
>
> > Could anyone know the nice site I can get them?
>
> Why only emails ?  I'm assuming you are looking for testers if
> that is the case, do please let us know - I'm sure various people
> would love to really put your application to its paces in testing
> and printing Arabic documents.

E-mail support is a big concern because mail clients have many quality
variations. So it needs somewhat like stress test. And it needs
some times to correct.

Of course translator, testers and develepers are very welcome.

> The above 3 issues (ie. Ossama's comments) are very relevant though.

I feel relief because u2ps seems to get positive opinions.
I was totally unfamiliar with Arabic handling.

Thank you.
--
Nakai