Re: u2ps - Is there any Arabic mail archives?

--- Yukihiro Nakai <ynakai at redhat dot com> wrote:
> I'm developing i18n text/mail printing filter like a2ps at
>
>   http://bonobo.gnome.gr.jp/~nakai/u2ps/

Wow, this is great - we've undertaken various efforts
(with limited success so far) to bring proper Arabic
printing support.  Having 'u2ps' is an added plus to
all (unfortunately I don't have the gnome library
necessary installed (on solaris) to test properly).

--- Ossama Khayat wrote:
> I really like the output as PDF as it seems so clean. Anway, for
> what it's worth, here are some comments:
> - Letters are borken on harakat (tashkeel or umlaut).
> - Words at the end of the line are broken into separate lines,
>   i.e. last one two letters that don't fit on the same line,
>   are put separately on a new line.
> - In the title up, the Arabic word 'April' has not shaping at all.
>
> Other than this, it's really cool.

With regard to the PDF file that you have on the URL
noted above, I fully agree with Ossama's comments/observations.

> And now 0.0.2 released with Arabic shaping and Bidi support.
> For further development and support, I need thousand of real
> mails written in real Arabic.  I've seen several Arabic sites
> but cannot follow Arabic links to find Arabic mailing lists.

We occasionally get Arabic mails on the 'doc' mailing-list
yet I too don't know a 100% Arabic mailing-list (there must
be ones - anyone ?)

> Could anyone know the nice site I can get them?

Why only emails ?  I'm assuming you are looking for testers if
that is the case, do please let us know - I'm sure various people
would love to really put your application to its paces in testing
and printing Arabic documents.

The above 3 issues (ie. Ossama's comments) are very relevant though.

Regards,