Re: Nadim's shaping code in C

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:15:09PM -0700, Alex Perez wrote:
> MOhammed,
> > On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:54:31PM -0700, Alex Perez wrote:
> >> Mohammed,
> >> Excellent, his was writtein in C++ I take it? Is this GPLed? If so,
> >> would you be willing to release the copyright into the public domain
> >> (open source political reasons for this, see below)
> > I'm afraid it's GPLed.
> > I really don't like public domain, But I have no problem releasing the
> > copyright into the public domain BUT if there is a good reason for that.
> There is. The GNUstep project is an *official GNU Foundation project, and
> as such any code used in it over a few lines here or there must either (A)
> Have its *copyright* assigned to the Free Software Foundation, or (B) Have
> the copyright in the public domain, so (A) is not necessary. A is
> generally less hassle, especially over international boundaries.

How to assign the copyright to the FSF then ??
A fast search didn't yield any info. I don't have time to
fully investigate, Can you please guide me ??

What if I contributed the code directly to GNUstep ??

Just to keep the public domain as the last solution :-(

Many thanks,

--
-- Katoob Main Developer